Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dear Heart,

Dear Heart,
I'm sorry I've broken you so many times. Over little things like toy trucks, pretty dolls and boys. Over things I've never needed and things I would've been better off without. I'm sorry I took apart your love for life. I'm sorry I took away your smile when you needed it the most. I'm sorry I hurt you so many times, you feel afraid to get hurt again.

But it's noone's fault but mine, that I promised you so many times over that there would be so much happiness in the world that we'd be filled with warmth and joy yet all we see is cold and dry everywhere around us. Where the world forgets you are still a child, where your naivete is undervalued.

Yet, somewhere between us is a faint ray of hope, that we will survive. And it is entirely yours to hold. I've no courage to give or take. Yet leap we do. Aiming for the stars, groping in the darkness for something to hold on to. Hang on dear heart, for who do I have but you. And,heal. There is still good left in this world, and wherever it is we shall find it.

3 comments: